We’re super excited that our Partner, Mockingbird Spirit, has shared their recipe on how to make this delicious alcohol free Mock-a-rita recipe with us!
Mockingbird Spirit is a vegan, non-alcoholic ‘Tequila’! Developed and launched in Bristol during the depths of Covid-19 by a female founder (for the first time!). It is made using authentic Blue Weber Agave (the ingredient that gives Tequila/ Mezcal its unique taste) and also includes Ashwagandha as one of its key ingredients. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, meaning it helps your body manage stress and anxiety. It is a medicinal herb that can diminish cortisol (stress hormone) levels, reduce blood sugar levels and boost brain function- basically, the opposite to what alcohol does to the body. This is actually a perfect present for someone who is pregnant and cannot drink!
Here’s a video to make it easier:
What you need:
• margarita glass
• spirit measure
• cocktail shaker
Prep: 0-mins (ha!) | Making time: 1-min | Serving: 1
• 1 shot Mockingbird Spirit
• 1/2 shot of non-alcoholic triple sec
• 1/2 lime juice
• Plenty of ice
• Rock salt
- Salt the rim of the margarita glass, set aside.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze 1/2 of it into the cocktail shaker.
- Pour 1/2 shot of non-alcoholic triple sec into the cocktail shaker.
- Pour 1 shot of Mockingbird Spirit into the cocktail shaker.
- Put 3-4 ice cubes into the cocktail shaker.
- Put the lid the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for at least 10 seconds.
- Take the lid off the cocktail shaker, put the strainer over it, and pour your liquid goodness into the margarita glass.
Not to mention… Mockingbird Spirit is offering all Foodiependent members 20% OFF for life! All you need to do is put in our discount code FOODIEPENDENT during checkout.