We’re super excited that Beeston Cookies has shared their favourite recipe with us on how to make soft, chewy and packed-to-the-rim-with-chocolate cookies. Absolute HEAVEN! Sadly, we couldn’t convince them to give us their secret recipe… but nevermind, we’ll take it!
This is the quickest way to chocolate chip cookie heaven. The dough can be made in just under ten minutes, bakes for an additional ten, and makes six cookies (each comprised of 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough)!!
- These cookies come out of the oven SUPER soft… so don’t move them until they are totally cool or they will break apart.
- When you chop the chocolate, leave some big pieces so you get the giant pools in the middle. And scrape everything that was on the chopping board into the dough, this will speckle the dough and ensure there’s chocolate in every bite. Store the cookies in an airtight container and they’ll be good for days.
- If you don’t want to bake right away, leave the finished dough out for 10 minutes and freeze them in a ziplock freezer bag. You can bake them straight out of the freezer, just simply add an additional 2-3 minutes of baking time!
Prep: 10-mins | Baking: 10-mins | Serving: 6 cookies
• 3 tablespoons salted, Kerrygold Irish butter (1.5 oz, 42g), softened to room temperature
• 1/3 cup or 65g brown sugar (light or dark)
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 large egg yolk
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 75g all purpose flour, or 2/3 scant cup (if you measure by cup, shake the flour around first and sprinkle it in, do not over pack. Too much flour will cause the cookies to be dry.)
• 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 360. Line a quarter sheet pan (or a half) with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the butter and brown sugar on medium until light and fluffy, at least 3 minutes.
- Add the soda and vanilla and beat for another two minutes.
- Add the egg yolk, beat for one minute.
- Add the flour and beat to just combine. Fold in the chocolate.
- Divide dough into six equal balls. If you use a cookie scoop you’ll get the pretty ridges; use a 1 1/2 tablespoon size and, slightly heaped, these will divide neatly into six. Place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Bake for exactly 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely on the pan before moving. Store in an airtight container.